Business tenants of Baseline Studios
Business tenants of Baseline Studios in Whitchurch Road, W11 4AT, will receive rent and rate relief as follows:
- No rent to pay for the period 1 June 2017 to 31 January 2018.
- No business rates to pay from 1 June 2017 to 28 January 2018.
Any arrears prior to June 2017 will be written off.
Business Continuity Fund
The Council will provide £100,000 to support businesses to recover from the impact and consequences of the fire. This includes a £50,000 contribution to a Business Continuity Fund established to provide financial relief to the businesses affected.
This fund will work alongside the Mayor of London’s fund of £300,000 (covering Grenfell, Southwark, Finsbury Park and Westminster attacks).
The Business Continuity Fund will provide:
- Support with the costs of business support advice, to help navigate the challenges and help businesses get back on their feet
- Direct grants to businesses whose turnover has been impacted by the disaster, who are not covered by any insurance
- Bridge funding to businesses who are covered by insurance but the payments aren’t coming in quickly enough- with the expectation that once the insurance has been paid out, the funding is recovered.
The fund targets businesses in the immediate area of the fire, and any applications from outside of this area will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The other £50,000 from RBKC will form the Discretionary Relief Fund – This fund will support those the businesses in the Blechynden Street rail arches which suffered from ongoing major disruption. This is to provide initial relief funding. These businesses are also eligible to apply to the Business Continuity Fund above.
The Council recognises that many businesses will have contributed to the relief effort, for example by providing hot food to Grenfell Tower residents made homeless, or by utilising their premises to support meetings as part of the response. This Discretionary Relief Fund will respond to businesses seeking support on a case by case basis. Businesses should register their details with Portobello Business Centre as above.
Both these funds for Grenfell businesses are being delivered through Portobello Business Centre (PBC)
For general business enquiries at the Council, contact firstname.lastname@example.org